The Legend of Pirates Online Content Sneak Peak

xXWilee999Xx

Wanted Pirate
Here is one little piece of new content: rather than 4 pirates maximum, we are instead introducing 6 pirates maximum!

e6e313a88b4c3818e0e33977f8ae3e48.jpg

Here is one little piece of new content: rather than 4 pirates maximum, we are instead introducing 6 pirates maximum!

e6e313a88b4c3818e0e33977f8ae3e48.jpg

This is interesting, yet I must note that the text box under the Pirates Online log is empty (question marks "???") while the official video did not, and the ship in the background has been changed as well. From what looked like a War frigate to a War Galleon. I am not dissing this, I just though it was interesting. I noticed that the textures for the rigging on any ship is broken like in the above image.. Why is that happening, when we have all the textures and models sitting in our phase files??

I like the idea of having 6 pirates available to you. It would be neat if a linked account thing could be done after release like Disney once had.

This is interesting, yet I must note that the text box under the Pirates Online log is empty (question marks "???") while the official video did not, and the ship in the background has been changed as well. From what looked like a War frigate to a War Galleon. I am not dissing this, I just though it was interesting. I noticed that the textures for the rigging on any ship is broken like in the above image.. Why is that happening, when we have all the textures and models sitting in our phase files??

I like the idea of having 6 pirates available to you. It would be neat if a linked account thing could be done after release like Disney once had.
I put my username as blank, which confused the game, so that's why the question marks were there. Nothing has been changed there! A developer made it so that the ship would be random. I'm not sure what's up with the texture though...

I put my username as blank, which confused the game, so that's why the question marks were there. Nothing has been changed there! A developer made it so that the ship would be random. I'm not sure what's up with the texture though...
ah okay That makes sense. Thanks for the quick and honest reply, mate :) I hope to work with you guys on the project at some point.

I'm no expert, but I would venture a guess and say it is either your graphics card not playing well with the game or maybe there is some coding issue?

POTCO wasnt very demanding at all, so its probably coding
I think its likely a coding bug/error as well, but it could theoretically be a graphics card issue. Older games tend to not always be too keen to newer graphic cards and newer opperating systems.

The textures POTCO used were all .jpg textures... Meaning no alpha or "transparency" support. Alpha was rendered by using two images. One with the texture on it and another image that was a simple greyscale image that outlined the texture in black. Panda3d would then read the greyscale image and "cut out" the same area from the corresponding texture image.

For some reason it appears that the greyscale image is overlayed over the texture image. I'm not a programer, or know Panda3d at all... But if I were @xXWilee999Xx I would check the code that renders that and make sure that the greyscale image is being used correctly, something with alpha.

Last edited:
Back