Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Logitech Z4 subwoofer issues

Ankit

Aug 31, 2011
I have a set of Logitech Z4 2.1 speakers. Recently, I got it with me in checked-baggage in an airline. Since then, the sound from them has been really distorted. Note that both the speakers connect to the subwoofer, and the output port is on the subwoofer too, so problems in the subwoofer could cause problems in the speakers.

Now my 2 speakers seem to be working fine, but the base from the subwoofer sounds strange. Not sure, but it sounds maybe like its missing a lot of the frequencies, or its kind of being subdued somehow. I opened it up and saw some yellow goop on the PCB, but after further review, it seems like that is just the yellow goo that is used as adhesive by manufacturers sometimes, so the problem lies somewhere else. None of the capacitors are bulging, and the goo doesn't dissolve with water, isopropyl alcohol, or contact cleaner, which makes me think its probably just adhesive.

I have replaced all of the cables used in the system, so there is definitely no problem there. I'm also using a grounded socket (it has a slot for the third pin).

Any suggestions?

Pics (incase you think the yellow goo is a problem):

yfnxA.jpg

i2X05.jpg

Last edited: