Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I always liked this thread in the iOS 14 forum. Let’s get it started!

Latest favorite:

E4D4C5CE-D327-4075-BF31-7AA30A7A4FC6.png

Edit: Just went dark:

1A9DCDF5-8A4E-441F-9AE7-114A4A8B7E4D.png

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
The shadow effect I created with this shortcut:

The wallpaper I found in the iphonewallpapers subreddit.

View attachment 1791117

You can choose any wallpaper you like. I ran the shortcut three times to get the depth seen in those shots.

Thanks for sharing the details & the shortcut. Even better that it can be applied to any wallpaper as I was expecting that the shading effect was manually applied to the wallpaper.

I tried opening the shortcut but it opens the shortcuts app shows a dialogue box with progress wheel and then crashes to home screen every time. I am still on iPadOS 13 so this may be why? I will be interested to hear if anyone else can get it to work?

Thanks!

P.S. I just checked the Homescreen Creator website and it is indeed for iOS 14.3+

P.P.S. On further inspection of the website it says iPhone only. :(

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Thanks for sharing the details & the shortcut. Even better that it can be applied to any wallpaper as I was expecting that the shading effect was manually applied to the wallpaper.

I tried opening the shortcut but it opens the shortcuts app shows a dialogue box with progress wheel and then crashes to home screen every time. I am still on iPadOS 13 so this may be why? I will be interested to hear if anyone else can get it to work?

Thanks!

P.S. I just checked the Homescreen Creator website and it is indeed for iOS 14.3+

P.P.S. On further inspection of the website it says iPhone only. :(
Yeah, it’s also only for the notched-screen devices (no 7, 8, SE templates). I’m sure there’s variants out there somewhere. Maybe check YouTube; that’s where I got the shortcut.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
The shadow effect I created with this shortcut:

The wallpaper I found in the iphonewallpapers subreddit.

View attachment 1791117

You can choose any wallpaper you like. I ran the shortcut three times to get the depth seen in those shots.
Sorry to ask for more help, but is it easy for you to cite which effects you chose? The shortcut seems a little more complicated than I expected!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Reactions: TruBleu and srbNYC

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
That has got to be the most minimalist, tidiest Home Screen I have ever seen. Definitely appeals to the autistic in me, sooooo organised :)

Thank you! :) This is probably the happiest I’ve been with my Home Screen, I absolutely love minimal and organized. I can’t stand tons of messy pages and I always like a more stock look.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I like it simple :)
It never crossed my mind to check whether the Mail widget could be customised to show stuff apart from the inbox. Having it only show unread mails means I now find it useful and have added it to my phone screen. So, thanks for sharing your homescreen!

Reactions: iGeneo

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Thank you! :) This is probably the happiest I’ve been with my Home Screen, I absolutely love minimal and organized. I can’t stand tons of messy pages and I always like a more stock look.
That’s so cool to hear because I feel exactly the same way. I’ve been rolling with the two Siri suggestions widget under Fantasical for a while now and it’s so nice to just have that and app library over to the right. I also didn’t realize how much I miss the pre-iOS 7 depth until I found this shortcut so I can’t imagine I’ll go back to a flat home screen any time soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.