'98 ESP JH-2 Explorer #18

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiac272

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for looking... here is my favorite guitar... Bought brand new in '98 from West Chester music on high street in PA. Sorry for the dust... I just cleaned it up, and it's awesome...

scottsguitar0011.jpg

scottsguitar0031.jpg

scottsguitar0041.jpg

thanks!

scott

awesome guitar dude, thanks for sharing!
how often do these come on to the market? and how much do they tend to run?

Hey thanks guys! Yes ryjan, the first time i picked it up I knew I had to have it. The neck is so fast, and low action, no fret buzz. ESP made some awesome explorers. The tone is unreal. I was using an Ibanez strat in '98 when I bought this one, and my roomate (hot romanian girl) who didn't play guitar, noticed a big difference in the tone, and she didn't even know I bought a new guitar.

I paid about $1700 then, now I see them on ebay every 4 months or so for $4500. I saw one on craigslist last winter for $2500. The older olympic white ones are even more money.

post some pics ryjan!

thanks again,
scott

zodiac272 said:
I paid about $1700 then, now I see them on ebay every 4 months or so for $4500. I saw one on craigslist last winter for $2500. The older olympic white ones are even more money.

I guess $1700 for a guitar just the way you want it is not out of the question. $4500 is completely insane for a Japanese Explorer copy (sorry, I have to call them as I see them).
My early days of guitar were spent at a shop whose owner had a "thing" for the korina explorers, V's , and moderns. I guess I need to start making copies of the EVH Ibanez Destroyer, and put them on the market. It had a much better rhythm tone than the strat body guitar, for sure. :wink:

I would pay 2k for an ESP explorer easy. Yeah, they are copies, but from what I hear about Gibson guitars quality (mostly over the last 10 years), I'll stick with the copy. It may be unoriginal, but ESP quality and playability are excellent. Though, I always did like the korina "V' and explorers... very cool.

Yes, I'm very luck to have got this baby. I've taken very good care of it. There is barely any swirling in the finish even though I have played it a sh!t ton. I don't think I slept when I first got it. I had a couple of the ltd lawsuit explorers in black, and they were good, but I sold them... I'll hope to get another ESP custom one of these years. You are lucky too man... Nice endorsement deals!
Thanks again!
Scott

Back